Monday, June 13, 2011

BodyMedia Fit

It came! And I love it. I'm a numbers person so all the data it gives me is awesome.

It tracks calories burned. Sometimes the display is slightly different from the numbers the computer shows, but that's normal. The computer is more accurate and more personalized, but the display gives a close estimate without having to sync the BMF to the computer.

If you enter all your calories consumed, it tracks levels of different nutrients and food groups. And it calculates whether you have a calorie deficit or surplus and if that puts you on track to gain or lose weight.

It counts steps. Which by the way, I apparently don't walk a lot. I still burn a good number of calories though.

It calculates your activity level based on METS. It tracks amount of time spent doing moderate or vigorous activity. I did have an issue with it not registering my HIIT workouts as vigorous activity. Apparently the sensors are supposed to be centered on your tricep. I had it slightly above my bicep. Since I adjusted it, voila. No issues tracking my vigorous movement. Although I did get VERY annoyed when a delightful person on the BMF FB page was very condescending and said that just because I'm tired and think I'm working out hard doesn't mean it was vigorous. Nice, huh? (I have to admit, I took some satisfaction in seeing I have a better figure. I tend to be petty when I'm annoyed. I don't like being talked down to.) Luckily the other people posting on the page have been much more helpful and personable.

It tracks your sleep efficiency too, which is pretty cool. It can tell the difference between when I'm just laying down or when I'm actually asleep. It tells me how long I was in bed and how long and I slept and how efficient my sleep was. Pretty cool. :)

So far I'm down a few lbs since I got the BMF (and stopped eating oil-popped popcorn). I feel leaner too, which is wonderful. I was feeling thick for a while, so feeling lean is really great. I'm aiming for 140 now, to see how I feel there. I'm pretty happy, now that I'm feeling thinner again. But I think more of a buffer between me and my scary weight would be a good thing. I'm very happy with the BMF. Oh, the only downside? I had to order the watchband for the digital display separately (another $20). But that's it.

If anyone is interested and has questions about it, please feel free to ask. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment